It's random, but here's what's been going on in the last couple of weeks:
1. Christmas shopping is DONE!!!! (I can hear the choir of angels in the background!)
2. Work has been okay: not too busy, but not too slow. I've been working on archives a good bit in the last few weeks, so that's been consuming much of my time there.
3. Tom Tancredo has dropped out of the 2008 election. :( I was very upset when I heard he would be holding a press conference; I knew nothing good could come from that and I was right. Maybe next time????
4. I feel like a cow. I've never seen so much chocolate in my whole life. I go to work and there's chocolate; I come home and there's chocolate that someone sent home with James. Then I'm stupid enough to make truffles just because I haven't made them in a while. There's chocolate everywhere. Someone needs to come over and eat all of this dang fudge.
5. I'm now on a quest to find the best chicken salad recipe.
6. I'm also very much enjoying the quiet and stillness of this very moment. It's really nice.
In closing, I'd like to leave you with the lyrics from my favorite Relient K song. Just in case I don't have a chance to write again, the words of Matty T. are all I need to remind myself of the true meaning of Christmas. I think it sums up the season perfectly:
"I Celebrate The Day"