Monday, April 23, 2007

Things that frustrate me

I'm honestly not in a bad mood or anything, but sometimes people just irritate the crap out of me. I really do deal with a lot. I'll get over it, but I just don't understand some of the people I have to come in contact with on a regular basis. Here are a few various examples:

1. Why, for the love, do some of my co-workers have to suck? I know it sounds harsh, but really, is it too much to ask that we apply the classic "Do unto others" rule at work too? I don't think I'm asking too much. You know, this whole issue is really too deep for me to even explain. I'm just asking that you actually do YOUR freaking job. I'm not asking you to do a single thing beyond YOUR job or even thirty seconds beyond your designated time. I'm just really mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted from doing my job and covering YOUR butt 8-5, Monday-Friday. It gets old. The problem is that I really do like you, but it's becoming increasingly difficult to keep liking you as a person and not letting my professional opinion of you get in the way. It just sucks because I hate working with you now. You don't do anything and I'm tired of doing your job while you still get paid for it. Moving on...

2. The media, Hollywood, and political propaganda. There aren't enough words to truly say it all. I can't decide if I'm mad at the media, Hollywood, and those that distribute the propaganda or if I'm just mad because so many people listen to and believe these flaming tongues without ever questioning the source. I think I'm mad at everyone involved. It's just so crappy that all of these celebs use their various outlets to promote these threads of lies. They take advantage of the poor, lazy souls that won't investigate what's going in this world. Once again, I can't leave out those who can't/won't think for themselves. What's so sad is that they don't think that being uninformed is wrong. It's absurd and it's embarrassing.

3. Dial-up internet. I know that I get what I pay for, yada, yada, yada. After five years of it, I'm looking forward to our pending upgrade. I can't get on myspace at work, and, shockingly, that really does affect my networking abilities. It's all I get do to even log in at home, much less check on our youth group, friends, etc. Not cool. Thanks again to those of you who insisted that we use a firewall at work. That was super.
4. Lastly, the fact that my dryer is squeaking. I'm tired of everything breaking.

Okay, that's it for now. I'm still blessed beyond measure. I love my husband and my little Bear. I've got it good. I'm just tired.

No comments: