Tuesday, May 29, 2007

MMR Vaccine

So....I'm not knocking vaccines. I do think they're important and a blessing, but it's really not cool that Matthew is in the 5% that actually get the viruses that the vaccine is supposed to combat. Now, logic tells you that if you are being injected with live strains of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella, there's at least a chance (that's where that 5% comes in) that there could be some consequences involved.

Well, last week we had Measles and, after our visit to Midtown today, we now have Rubella. He's okay, he's just spotty. The worst part of it was on Saturday when he was so fussy. Combine that with the fever and the rash, and it just makes for a lousy Saturday.
Anyway, we'll get through it. I suppose I should expect things like this. He never has been one to follow the laws of Western Medicine. He seems to have his own way of doing things.

Well, Matthew is paging me. Later....
BTW: just tried V8 for the first time. I'm not a fan.

1 comment:

Vikki said...

oh my! At least you know what is going on now. Does Dr. Thiele think this will happen each time he gets his shots?