Friday, May 11, 2007

My Bear

So, it's my little Bear's first birthday. We've come a long way in one year! He literally amazes me.

Ganna (I'm not sure how we decided to spell that) watched Matthew last night so James and I could go to a Dave Ramsey seminar. I had a good time and found it really helpful, but I couldn't keep my mind off of my Bear. As soon as we got in I found myself walking to his room just to look at him. There he was, in all his glory, with his sweet little butt up in the air. I love that baby!

I love everything about him: that smile, those eyes, that laugh, the gibberish, the excitement, the hugs (or "loves" as we call them), and everything in between. He's just the most amazing thing I've ever seen. In many ways and for many reasons, 2006 was an emotional roller coaster for us. Despite the negatives here and there, 2006 will go down in my book as the year my life became everything I always wanted it to be. God gave that to me by giving me Matthew.

Tomorrow, for the first time, I'll let Matthew stick his hands in his birthday cake (cringe) and get all sticky and messy. I'll let him eat something he really shouldn't and my family will help us make a great memory. As much as that makes me smile, it's Sunday that stands out to me right now. We are having him dedicated to the Father that gave him to us. God really has been so good to us!

...I've got to go back to work now.

1 comment:

Vikki said...

Yea!! Bear turns one!! He is so precious to us and we are blessed to have you all in our lives! May God continue to bless you! Love ya! Bibi