Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Undecided 2008

So...here's what I'm debating right now: Do I go Republican or Democrat in the next presidential election? First of all, let me CLEARLY say that I'm NOT a Democrat. In fact, I would be offended if you called me one.

However, it's common knowledge that Republicans, as a whole, are not have the best week ever (LOL, I watch too much VH1 ....No one? I'm the only one that laughed?) Seriously, the Republican point of view is not so popular these days. Do I care? Certainly not. I've never cared if someone didn't like my political views. My reason for pointing out the lack of popularity in the Republican party is that I really don't think we've got a remote possibility of keeping a Republican in office when the next election rolls around. Am I impressed by any of the Republican candidates? Only one, Tom Tancredo, and I'm sad to say that he doesn't have a chance. Romney, Giuliani, Fred Thompson and McCain are the only ones the media even acknowledges.

So...not that I really think I can "waste" my vote, but would I be better off to vote for the single Democrat that I can tolerate (using that term lightly) since he actually has a chance or do I stay true to my Republican roots and vote for someone for the sake of staying Republican? Maybe, just maybe, if I push John Edwards through the primary, I can avoid the disaster waiting to happen if Obama or Hillary get the nod. I guess I'm looking at it this way: there's pretty much no way a Republican is going to be elected, so if I'm going to have a Democrat as my president, I think John Edwards is the lesser of three evils.

Ugh. I just don't know. I resent the fact that I'm even having to consider alternate voting strategies. Anyway, that's what I'm thinking (and praying) about right now. At least I've got some time to figure out what I'm going to do. I just know that Obama or Hillary (or the combined ticket they could eventually announce) will be so hazardous to our already shaky ground as a "Christian" nation. Let's get out the hand baskets.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Enjoyed having you all over! So great to catch up. We'll have to gather again soon. I'm so proud of you and happy for your beautiful family.