Monday, August 13, 2007

Fired my doctor...

This was big for me. I'm so bad when it comes to confronting any kind of issues, but sometimes you just have to take things into your own hands. This could be long, so I'll see what I can do to shorten it.

We liked Dr. Stone; we really did. I'm not a needy patient anyway, so it takes a good bit to get me irritated. This only came about because my annual exam is right around the corner and I knew I needed to get it scheduled. I decided to go with a new doc because it's been made very clear that I'll be high risk next time I'm pregnant (which should be many moons from now). I chose to go with a UAB doc because of the high risk situation and, even though that doesn't matter right now, I thought it would be good to be established with someone before the first little thought of baby 2 comes into the picture.

Anywho, I requested a copy of my ENTIRE medical record from Dr. Stone. Naturally, I thought that would be good to have since my pregancy with Matthew was so complicated. Get this, there was nothing (NOTHING) in the record that even mentioned that I had Matthew at 28 weeks. Nothing about premature delivery at all, nothing mentioned about spontaneous delivery, nothing but my stinking blood pressure and weight from each visit. What the crap? Should that not have been charted?

Anyway, I'll get over it. That just makes me feel even better about my decision to go with someone else. Dr. Stone wasn't horrible, but I always felt like I didn't even have an OB when I had Matthew. Well, if you look at the records, I didn't.

Life goes on...

No comments: