Wednesday, November 28, 2007

So blessed...so thankful

So blessed.... so thankful

Well, it seems that this is about a week late, but I guess it's never really too late to speak of God's love, provision, and grace in my life. We had a wonderful, busy, stuffed, yummy, and enjoyable Thanksgiving. I am so ASHAMED to admit, though, that I didn't stop-even though I had every intention to- and reflect on the many things God has done for me. Some are huge, some will seem a little silly, but I'm thankful nonetheless. Here's my list in whatever order it pops into my head:

1. My Matthew. He's everything to me. I'm thankful for that smile, those eyes, that amazing laugh, the excitement in his face, his kisses, his love, and everything in between. He's my baby and my life and whatever pet name I decide to randomly use.

2. My James. I'm so blessed that God put my soulmate in my life at an early age. I was 16 when James and I met. We started dating in 1997 (which means we might as well be "an old married couple") and married in 2002. I'm so grateful for my husband, my best friend, my other everything. God blessed me with a wonderful, Godly man. I love him more than words can say.

3. My family.

4. The health care industry. No matter how much it gets on my nerves when I deal with stupid people, at the end of the day, I'm a part of something important and significant and although I'm underpaid...aren't we all... I am appreciated. I say I want out of health care, but I'm pretty darn good at what I do, so maybe it's not so bad. Sure, health care feeds my family, but it also takes care of us. We've been so blessed to have good doctors taking care of us in the last few years. I'm thankful God put the right people in place for us and I'm thankful that those people-the doctors, nurses, and admin staff- have enough passion to take care of us when we need it.

5. Being at home. I'm such a homebody. I'm so thankful for those days that I can just be home with my family being a mommy and a wife. God gives me Saturdays and Sundays to keep me sane. I really believe that.

6. Our home.

7. Good tv. I know it sounds trivial, but I've always got background noise. I don't have time to read much anymore, but I can listen to what's on tv while I'm trying to clean, do laundry, play with Matthew, etc. I'm thankful for the shows that make me an informed citizen, entertain me, teach me, and everything in between. Gotta have my Food Network, Glenn, Playhouse Disney and my misc. documentaries.

8. Writing. I've always been writing something. As old-school as is sounds now, I even have three journals full of random entries much like any one of these blogs. I've always done this. I used to say I was going to be a journalist. Ha! That was back when I said I didn't need or want a family life. That's just not who I am anymore. I was born to be a mom and a wife. Even though I don't get to do it but once or twice a week now, I'm thankful that I have time to write. It gives me a chance to verbalize what I'm thinking, even if no one reads or cares.

9. Unanswered prayers. Bring it home, Garth. The whole concept of that song is a great reminder that God ultimately knows what is best for my life. Oh how different things would be...not in a good way... His ways are not like mine. I'm really thankful for that.

10. My church! I love Bethel. It's home and it's family. I'm so glad God blessed us with wonderful friends, support, love, and encouragement.

11. My God, My Father. I'm so thankful for His love, provision, and continuous blessings upon my life. I'm thankful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I'm thankful for the sacrifice He made so that I may live eternally.

Later...

2 comments:

CresceNet said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

CresceNet said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.