Saturday, December 22, 2007

Gotta Make This Quick

We're still alive; we've just been super-busy. I'm taking advantage of Matthew's (and James') nap right now so at least I have a few minutes to write and collect my thoughts.
It's random, but here's what's been going on in the last couple of weeks:


1. Christmas shopping is DONE!!!! (I can hear the choir of angels in the background!)

2. Work has been okay: not too busy, but not too slow. I've been working on archives a good bit in the last few weeks, so that's been consuming much of my time there.

3. Tom Tancredo has dropped out of the 2008 election. :( I was very upset when I heard he would be holding a press conference; I knew nothing good could come from that and I was right. Maybe next time????

4. I feel like a cow. I've never seen so much chocolate in my whole life. I go to work and there's chocolate; I come home and there's chocolate that someone sent home with James. Then I'm stupid enough to make truffles just because I haven't made them in a while. There's chocolate everywhere. Someone needs to come over and eat all of this dang fudge.

5. I'm now on a quest to find the best chicken salad recipe.


6. I'm also very much enjoying the quiet and stillness of this very moment. It's really nice.

In closing, I'd like to leave you with the lyrics from my favorite Relient K song. Just in case I don't have a chance to write again, the words of Matty T. are all I need to remind myself of the true meaning of Christmas. I think it sums up the season perfectly:

"I Celebrate The Day"
And with this Christmas wish is missed
The point I could convey
If only I could find the words to say to let
You know how much You've touched my life
Because here is where You're finding me, in the exact same place as New Year's eve
And from a lack of my persistency
We're less than half as close as I want to be
And the first time
That You opened Your eyes did You realize that You would be my Savior
And the first breath that left Your lips
Did You know that it would change this world forever
And so this Christmas I'll compare the things I felt in prior years
To what this midnight made so clear
That You have come to meet me here
To look back and think that
This baby would one day save me
In the hope that what You did
That you were born so I might live
To look back and think that
This baby would one day save me
And I, I celebrate the day
That You were born to die
So I could one day pray for You to save my life

No comments: