Monday, January 21, 2008

Bronner

For the record, I'm having to keep my mind off of the tragedy the Burgess family is going through. I had a hard time getting my contacts in this morning because of the dryness and swelling in my eyes. This has really touched me. It's really all I've thought about all day. I was off today, but even got up and listened to the entire R&B show just to hear how everyone is doing and if we can help in any way. My heart and prayers just go out to them more than I can even express...

Bubba said this morning that we need to use Bronner's death as an opportunity to clean up our lives and let God shine in all of this. It seemed as if every song they played was a perfect reminder that God is still in control and that He is still holy, loving, and awe-inspiring, no matter what life throws our way. To be able to say through the heartache, "blessed be your glorious name...you give and take away...my heart will choose to say, Lord blessed be your name" is such a testimony and inspiration to me.

My heart and prayers are with this precious family. I've been a listener of the show for ten years now, and Rick and Bubba have started and (thanks to the afternoon replays) ended my workdays for as long as I can rememeber. I was listening to Mark Prater give the weather update on the show when the first attack on September 11, 2001 happened. I've laughed and cried many times with Rick and Bubba.

Now I'm crying again. Please know that I'm praying for this family to be held by the arms of God. I'm praying for healing, peace, and comfort. In the words of the Natalie Grant song Held, "This is what it is to be loved and to know that the promise was when everything fell, we'd be held."

God Bless You All.

No comments: