Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Crocodile Dock Decorations

So, I'm teaching the preschool class for our upcoming Crocodile Dock VBS and I've been spending a good bit of time on Group Publishing's VBS forum. While I am a veteran VBSer, I'm new to Group's VBS. I'm very familiar with Group on a children's and youth ministry level, but I've just never used their materials for VBS before. So far, I really like everything and it seems to be as solid as I would expect from Group.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the decorations. I've bought some stuff to start with like "water" fabric, nets, and cheesecloth and I've got a general game plan, but I just wish I could do more. I know how to do VBS decorations; I've done jungles, deserts, Antarctica, beaches, and more talking vegetables than you can imagine. For someone who can't draw, I do a pretty mean Laura the Carrot, if I do say so myself. Anyway, I've been searching the Crocodile Dock forum for ideas I can pull off for my class. I'm blown away by how creative some of these people are. Seriously, I do okay with stuff like this, but God has majorly gifted some people with this kind of creativity. I wouldn't even know where to begin with this stuff if I didn't have these people to rely on. Cattails out of hair rollers from the Dollar Tree? Check out some of their Crocodile Dock sites. It's amazing!

http://forums.group.com/Topic54623-4530-1.aspx

Later,
Emily

No comments: