Thursday, July 16, 2009

HP 6, Half Blood Prince

Okay, I don't really have a lot of time here, but we're going to see the new Harry Potter movie tomorrow night. This will be the first time one of the movies has been released since I read the books back in the spring. I'm sure it will be great to me because Half Blood Prince is probably my favorite of the books (it's between HBP and the last one, Deathly Hallows).

Anyway, one thing that's cracking me up is all of the people who are disappointed that Dumbledore dies. The first "spoiler" upset I heard was yesterday: A guy in Ohio killed himself because Dumbledore died and he "had no reason to live." Okay, seriously, even if you are so delusional that life is no longer worth living because of Dumbledore's death, you can't say this all comes as a huge surprise to you! I mean, the book was released four years ago. If you're such an avid Harry Potter fan and didn't know by now, surely you can't be devoted enough to end your life over it.

It was a great book and all and I was surprised many times as I was reading it (noted here in several posts), but by the time the movies roll around, nothing should be all that shocking.

Well, I need to get back to Initech; it's not quite time for Peter Gibbons Liberation Day. Later...

1 comment:

Veriance said...

did you like the movie?