Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hey, It's a good day!

Anyone remember that FFH song from a few years back? I think it was called "It's a Good Day." It's catchy, but it may even be a little too peppy in a Hanson "Mmm Bop" sort of way. Anyway, that's how I feel about the weekend-it's a good weekend! James and Matthew are napping, so I'm taking advantage of some time to reflect back on a busy, but wonderful weekend. I started off with Bunco night Friday night. It's always great to meet up once a month, play, and catch-up with the group.

Yesterday was busy enough to warrant a stunt double at one point, but it was great nonetheless. During Baby Leah's 1st birthday party, James and I had to scoot out: me to meet the girls in my family for girls night and James to the SLA festivities (PS3 football). I really had an awesome time hanging with the girls from my family. We just did the normal movie, dinner, and window shopping, but it was great to spend quality time with them. Life moves so fast for everyone. It's worth savoring when we all stop long enough to spend precious time with one another (even if it does involve viewing a love scene with Meryl Streep playing Julia Child, ick)!

I have to admit, though, I'm not one to stay up late these days. My normal bedtime ranges from 9:30-10:30 each night. It's just how I'm programmed. Can you believe I didn't get home until 11:30 last night? I even stayed up until 1:30! What a hooligan! Needless to say, despite my anticipation for another great day in the Lord's house, when the alarm went off this morning, I wasn't quite ready to roll out of bed. I finally put myself together this morning, but we stopped along the way to church to get some help for me. My setup for church this morning is in the picture below!

Anyway, our church service was great this morning and I'm really feeling great about the things God has in store for us. I feel Him moving in ways I've felt so many wonderful times before!

Overall, it's just been a great weekend in so many ways. God is so good to us and I'm so grateful for His hand in our lives! Hope everyone has a great week! Later... I'm going to see if I can add Mmm Bop to my playlist! ;)

No comments: