Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cake Catastrophe

I had a total meltdown this afternoon when I started frosting James' birthday cake. I've never had one totally tear apart like this. I decided to go ahead and do the piping and make the best I could out of it, but I really wasn't going to take it to church tonight. I was really upset about the crumbs. It didn't matter how many layers I put over the crumbs, they kept moving. I finally had to accept that it wasn't going to look any better than that.

Anyway, in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't a huge deal, but I was really emotional about it because this was the worst-looking cake I've ever done... and it was for the person who means more to me than anything in this world. I just wanted him to have an amazing cake and it crumbled everytime I touched it. My tip even got clogged a few times when I was piping, so even the piping wasn't up to par.

Oh well. Without further hesitation, I present the source of my meltdown:

No comments: