Monday, July 23, 2012

10 Things I Wish I Could Say

So, there's been LOTS of stupidity circling around these days, none of which I can do anything about.  I've been working hard on keeping my mouth shut, smiling, and pretending like everything is perfectly fine. I've done a pretty good job, I think, at keeping a semi-normal repoire with the offenders, but it hasn't been easy.  Anyway, since no one actually reads this, I have a pretty open opportunity share a few awesome quotes and get this off my mind.  Some are more "serious" than others, but these basically sum up everything I wish I could say.  Here goes:

1. Last thing I need at this point in my career is fifteen hundred Ferris Bueller disciples running around these halls. He jeopardizes my ability to effectively govern this student body. -Ed Rooney (Ferris Bueller's Day Off)

2. If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. -Sirius Black (J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)

3. All children, except one, grow up. (J.M Barrie's Peter Pan)

4.  One hundred religious persons knit into a unity by careful organization do not constitute a church any more than eleven dead men make a football team. (A.W. Tozer)

5. The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts. (C.S. Lewis)

6. The number one problem in our world is alienation, rich versus poor, black versus white, labor versus management, conservative versus liberal, East versus West... but Christ came to bring about reconciliation and peace. (Billy Graham)

7. Anyone can lead by agitating, but leading in such a way that those behind you want to follow is an art form. (Margaret Feinberg's Scouting the Divine)

8.  The greatest day in your life and mine is when we take total responsibility for our attitudes.  That's the day we truly grow up. (John Maxwell)

9.  Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you're going to live your life. (Joel Osteen)

10.  Almira Gulch, just because you own half the county doesn't mean that you have the power to run the rest of us. For twenty-three years, I've been dying to tell you what I thought of you! And now... well, being a Christian woman, I can't say it! -Auntie Em Gale (The Wizard of Oz)

No comments: