Tuesday, August 13, 2013

You Might Be Nursing a Toddler If...

World Breastfeeding Month is going strong.  I'm seeing lots of breastfeeding support among social media outlets and I'm really grateful for that.  As noted in my post a few days ago, I've had plenty of negative comments thrown my way because I breastfeed.  It's not all bad though. I have also received encouragement about our choice.

There are really sweet times between Prissy and me that I wouldn't trade for anything.  There are also some really funny times too.  I mean, why wouldn't I love a toddler with an armful of toys squished up against me while nursing?  Maybe you'll only find this humorous if you've breastfed before.  I just know that there are plenty of times I find myself snickering about the things Prissy does while she's nursing.  So many, in fact, that I've compiled a short list.  Maybe you can relate. 



You might be nursing a toddler if:

5. Your little one hands you a nursing pad when she's finished. "Here, Mama..."  Isn't it sweet to have them help you put yourself back together? 

4.  Your sweet kiddo stops mid-feeding to tell you, "Good Mama," while smacking her lips.

3.  Precious tries to watch TV while nursing.  Who doesn't love dinner and a show?

2.  Your little one has tried to nurse while showering with you. 

(Insert drumroll) And lastly, you might be nursing a toddler if:

Your little one has stopped mid-feeding to let her stuffed Grover doll have a sip.  (Sharing means caring!)

No comments: