Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pumpkin Picking

We all know what a Halloween Grinch I am.  I just hate it.  I have reasons that I don't care to mention here.  They won't be received well and that's okay; I'll just keep them to myself.  Anyway, because of that, I don't spend all month decorating and planning.  I even try to spend as little as possible on costumes simply to avoid giving this ridiculous excuse for a holiday more of our money than necessary. 

Between all of that and this being our first fall in this area, we just didn't make it to an official pumpkin patch this year.  It's all good though; we noticed a mini patch, if you will, just a few minutes away and took advantage of that yesterday. 

Prissy loved trying to lift every single pumpkin.  Bless her.  She tried so hard.  She finally settled on a tiny little pumpkin that was just her size (not pictured). 






The Boy was a different story though.  He was checking them all out, but he wouldn't pose willingly.  I snagged this one with the *actual* pumpkin he brought home.  I've got to figure out how to use this massive amount of pumpkin!  There's too much here just to throw out and decorate.  The last photo here is just a posed shot.  Once again, he's getting to that age where he thinks mom taking pictures of everything is a little lame.  He'll thank me for it one day.  ;) 


No comments: